Skip to main content

I Desire Mercy, And Not Sacrifice


Grace Words
by King Julius Kwedhi

Yes, the Lord Jesus hates sin. Passionately. He makes sure that the 5 billion dollar thief is punished accordingly as much as he makes sure the 5 cents thief in no way escapes justice. He gives no more and no less than what is deserved. According to what we each one has done, He will repay us.[i] Even us the righteous we shall receive in proportion to how we lived righteously, even though righteousness is a gift. Now hear Jesus say, “I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.[ii]” “And if you had known what this means, ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the guiltless.[iii]

Can you hear compassion in those sweet Words? I can. And I do. Indeed, the Words of Jesus are the greatest Words ever spoken!

I strongly believe that Jesus loves and delights in restoring people. Just encountering those words does something to me. I have come to understand and treasure those words in my heart and in turn apply them in my life. The results are phenomenal.

Jesus in no way condones sin of any kind. However, He delights in transforming and regenerating sinners. Hear it in His Words to the lady that was caught in the very act of adultery, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.[iv]” He is not saying, “You have done nothing wrong.” No, He in no way condones sin. On the contrary He condemns it. Yet His golden heart is a kind heart, too. He was extending kindness that was undeserved. Because Kindness is Who He is, and He calls us to be the same.

Would you extend that kindness to someone else today. Tonight?

Further Scripture Reading:


[i] 2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.
[ii] Matthew 9:13 ESV Go and learn what this means, 'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.' For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners."
[iii] Matthew 12:7 ESV And if you had known what this means, 'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the guiltless.
[iv] John 8:11 ESV  She said, "No one, Lord." And Jesus said, "Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more." 

For more spiritual resources visit:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE LATTER GLORY & THE COMING OF THE MESSIAH NAMIBIA CONFERENCE Pt 1 ...

JESUS AND NICODEMUS

Now there was a certain man among the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler (a leader, an authority) among the Jews, Who came to Jesus at night and said to Him, Rabbi, we know and are certain that You have come from God [as] a Teacher; for no one can do these signs (these wonderworks, these miracles - and produce the proofs) that You do unless God is with him. Nicodemus said to Him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter his mother's womb again and be born? Jesus answered, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, unless a man (this includes you Flame) is born of watter and [even] the Spirit, he cannot [ever] enter the kingdom of God. Whatever is born of [from] the flesh is flesh [of the physical is physical]; and what is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not [do not be surprised, astonished] at My (Jesus) telling you, You (including you Flame) must all be born anew (from above). The wind blows (breathes) where it wills; and though you hear its sound, yet you neithe

WHEN THE GLORY OF THE LORD TOUCHED THE WORSHIP TEAM NAMIBIA REVIVAL