Skip to main content

JESUS IS LORD



Jesus is the Lord of my life. He is. Would say that and mean it as well, from deep down your heart? Maybe yes. Maybe not. Maybe you are not sure of what the word "Lord" mean at all. Is that your case? Maybe you don't know Who is Jesus is at all? Is that your case? Either way, you have not made a mistake to take the time and read this note, because it will enlighten you and give you knowledge, by the power of the Holy Spirit, to know Who Jesus really is.

I would like us to look at the Scripture in Philippians 2:5-11. There we will look at the humility, Godship and Lordship of our Saviour King, Jesus Christ.

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:5-11 KJV)

I love going back to the original Hebrews and Greek Scriptures to see what the word meant, literally, and why it was rendered the word that is used in the English Scriptures.

In this passage of Scripture we see the humility of Christ "..Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.." He is God. But although He was, is and will always be God, for the sake of our salvation in Him (because there was no other way apart from Himself), JesusHumbled Himself. He said, "Let me be like one of them, humans. Let me go down there and save humanity. Being God is the ULTIMATE thing but I have to save them. Everything that made God God was and is in Him. He had everything and will always have everything that He needs. HE IS GOD. Why would God humble Himself to this low state of Humanity? What would He accomplish in humbling Himself to the state of a human being? Well there is much that He have accomplished. Much more than you would have thought of. 

None of that was in vain. He was crucified on the cross and died a very shameful death. None of that was in vain. He did all that in order that He may purchase a people for Himself; a holy, peculiar and righteous people, a nation, a priesthood that would serve in His house all the days of their lives; a people who are called HIS VERY OWN. He paid quite great a price. Believers are not cheap.

God, the Father, Highly Exalted the Son, after the greatest accomplishment in the history of creation, and Jesus was exalted on High, and was given a name that is above any other name. In Christ dwells the fullness of the Godhead. Indeed He rose to the most High place, where He is seated right now. Col. 2:9,10.

Why did all these have to happen? Why was it necessary for Christ to be Exalted? Was it necessary after all? O yes. Yes, it was necessary. Very necessary. Never disregard the works of God. Scripture says that these happened "..That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."  Right there. There is the answer. That means all things in all of creation, all their knees will bow and will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. That He is Lord. That Jesus Christ is LordHE IS LORD.

But what does it mean that Jesus Christ is Lord? I will show you. Check this out with me: the word that is rendered Lord in the New Testament of the Holy Scriptures is the word:

Thayer's Greek Definitions

G2962
(read Greek) κύριος
(read English) kurios

Thayer Definition:
1) he to whom a person or thing belongs, about which he has power of deciding; master, lord
     1a) the possessor and disposer of a thing
           1a1) the owner; one who has control of the person, the master
           1a2) in the state: the sovereign, prince, chief, the Roman emperor
     1b) is a title of honour expressive of respect and reverence, with which servants greet their master
     1c) this title is given to: God, the Messiah
Part of Speech: noun masculineA Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from kuros (supremacy)Citing in TDNT: 3:1039, 486

Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries

G2962
(Read Greek) κύριος
(read English) kurios
(say) koo'-ree-os
From κῦρος kuros (supremacy); supreme in authority, that is, (as noun) controller; by implication Mr. (as a respectful title): - God, Lord, master, Sir.


Did you get that? When you are saying that Jesus is Lord, you are literally saying that He is Supreme, The One in Authority, Controller, Master, God, Sir, Owner, Possesor, Messiah, (All in one word). And that is Who He really is, all of that. 

Now Christ can't be that over your life, as an individual, if you did not accept Him in your life, to be your personal Lord and Saviour. He can't force His way inside your heart. He is very polite and yet straight forward. 

If Christ is not the Lord over your life, you NEED to let Him be. Failure to do that is too great a price to pay, which cannot even compensate for the loss of not having Christ in your life.

He is asking "Would you let me into your heart?" Please Let Him In.

If you are a BORN-AGAIN Christian, and are indeed living the life that you were called to, Holy and Righteous and loving, get deeper into knowing Who Jesus is. Seek to know Who God is. The journey won't be over, here on earth, until Jesus comes back again to get us for Himself. 

He is coming back again.

If you would love to receive Christ into your heart pray this pray, from deep down your heart and say 

"Lord Jesus, I believe that You are Lord. I believe that You are God. Father God, Save me. Save me from my filthiness. Save me from the trap and deadliness and death of sin. Help me Lord Jesus. Come into my heart and my life and be my Lord and Saviour. I give my life, all of it, over to You Lord Jesus. Make me Your Child right now. Make me Your Son. Forgive me of all my sins and help me forgive all those that I have not forgiven Lord. Wash me clean with Your precious cleansing blood. Father, thank You for dying for me to redeem me, to purchase me and make me belong to you. Baptize me with Your Precious Holy Spirit. Lead me, guide me and protect me all the way in my new Christian Way. Thank You Jesus for Saving me. I pray this in the name of Jesus."

If you've prayed this prayer from deep down your heart write me an email. Give your comments. Get a Bible, buy one or ask for one, if you don't have one. Find a Bible-believing Church and Serve CHRIST from deep down your heart. GOD BLESS YOU.

SHALOM!

SON OF GODsaint.kingjulius.kwedhi@gmail.com

Scriptures are quoted from the King James Version, from the E-Sword.


Further Scripture reading in Isaiah 9:6-9; Colossians 1:9-23; Colossians 2:6-10

Julius M. KwedhiBar ELOHIM
www.kingjesusreigns.blogspot.com
saint.kingjulius.kwedhi@gmail.com
juliuskwedhi@rocketmail.com
+264856005914
+264814915469
I BELONG TO JESUS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE LATTER GLORY & THE COMING OF THE MESSIAH NAMIBIA CONFERENCE Pt 1 ...

JESUS AND NICODEMUS

Now there was a certain man among the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler (a leader, an authority) among the Jews, Who came to Jesus at night and said to Him, Rabbi, we know and are certain that You have come from God [as] a Teacher; for no one can do these signs (these wonderworks, these miracles - and produce the proofs) that You do unless God is with him. Nicodemus said to Him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter his mother's womb again and be born? Jesus answered, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, unless a man (this includes you Flame) is born of watter and [even] the Spirit, he cannot [ever] enter the kingdom of God. Whatever is born of [from] the flesh is flesh [of the physical is physical]; and what is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not [do not be surprised, astonished] at My (Jesus) telling you, You (including you Flame) must all be born anew (from above). The wind blows (breathes) where it wills; and though you hear its sound, yet you neithe

PROPHECY OF HUMONGOUS REVIVAL COMING TO BREAK OUT IN FINLAND - PROPHET D...